Travel with speed and comfort with Porter Airlines Baggage Allowance. It provides details information on its baggage handling regulations. Passengers get a free allowance depending on the selected route and travel class for a budget-friendly trip. However, what can affect the journey is traveling with oversized or overweight luggage. Thus, every passenger here is advised to fill their backpack with essential items in appropriate quantities. Get ready for your trip by packing the bag right and saving more on your journey.
Porter Airlines Baggage Rules for Passengers
Porter Airlines Baggage Policy contains regulations for checked and carry bags brought inside the flight cabin. Passengers are instructed to follow the weight and size restrictions. Otherwise, the airline will levy additional charges in case the baggage weighs more than 32kg. Porter Airlines has a free baggage allowance depending on the selected fare type. If you carry more than what’s stated in the free allowance, excess baggage fees are applied.
Tips To Pack Right for Porter Flight
Here are some tips and tricks for a smooth journey experience. When you fly often you learn a few things here and there on what to pack and how to pack it. Instead of packing everything randomly, it is advised to organize your travel essentials. Check the following points to make the most of your Porter Airlines baggage allowance:
- Make sure to keep valuable items nearby such as medicines, money, travel documents, etc. Such items must be stored at a place where you have easy access.
- Porter Airlines carry on must be smaller than the stated dimension as the space in overhead storage is very limited. In some cases, the airline may have to check in your carry-on bag due to space limitations. Therefore, it is always better to bring smaller cabin bags.
- It is wise to make a list of essential items to pack in your luggage before the journey. Check what items you would pack in carry-on and checked baggage. Make sure to meet the Porter Airlines baggage requirements. This may save you time during the security checkpoint and baggage check.
- Go through the Porter Airlines baggage policy and be aware of what kind of bag to bring. Check whether the bag meets the required size and weight allowance. Kindly check the carry-on and checked baggage guidelines below to avoid paying more.
Restricted Items on Porter Flight
Some items are restricted and even prohibited on Porter flights. It can be harmful due to its chemical and physical properties when pressure and temperature are changed during flight. Before you start packing, check whether the item is mentioned on the list below. If it is then contact the airline to know what restrictions are there to follow.
- Alcohol or liquor
- Avalanche rescue backpacks
- Camping equipment
- Dry ice or gel/ice pack
- Electronic cigarettes or vaporizers
- Heat-generating equipment or tools
- Firearms and ammunition
- Fuel cells
- Lighters and matches
- Liquids, gels and aerosols
- Mercury thermometers and barometers
- Security-type attaché cases
- Self-inflating lifejackets and safety vests
- Sharp objects
- Smart bags
Porter Airlines Carry On Baggage Allowance
The purchased fare determines what a passenger can bring onboard in the carry-on bag. For instance, if you are flying on a Basic fare then you can only bring one personal item along with checked luggage. Furthermore, different fares let you carry more carry-ons.
|Type of Fares
|One Personal Item Only
|Standard, Flexible, Freedom, Navigate, and Ultimate fares
|One Personal ItemOne Carry-on
The following are some important guidelines that you must follow to avoid paying additional charges and have a hassle-free experience.
- In order to save time and avoid any hiccups, keep your carry-on size smaller than the maximum limit.
- Every cabin bag must fit safely in the overhead bin and under the front seat. It must not slide into the cabin aisle.
- If the baggage is unable to fit in the provided space then it is mandatory to transport it as checked baggage. Moreover, the standard checked baggage fee and rules are also applicable.
Porter Airlines Carry-on and Personal Item Size
On the other side, carry-ons can be a little bigger in size. Porter Airlines carry-on dimension should be a maximum of 55 x 23 x 40 cm (21.5 x 9 x 15.5 in). You can carry a Duffel bag, backpack, suitcase, or pet carrier as cabin luggage. Passengers with a pet are permitted to have one additional personal item.
Every Passenger of all travel classes is eligible to carry one personal item on board. It is also important that every item meets Porter Airlines baggage requirements. The dimensions of personal items must be under 43 x 16 x 33 cm (17 x 6 x 13 in). Some good examples of items accepted as personal items would be a briefcase, purse, camera bag, laptop computer, or small garment bag.
Porter Regulations for Traveling with Liquids
Passengers must follow Porter Airlines Safety regulations for traveling with liquid, aerosols, and gels. The airline has set restrictions on quantity for convenient handling. Follow these regulations to speed up security screening and pack it properly ensuring leakproof packaging.
- Items having a similar consistency must be packed in a container having the capacity to hold a maximum of 100 ml. Such items would be all liquids, gels and aerosols, pastes, lotions, creams, drinks, etc.
- Passengers are instructed to pack liquid items in a transparent and re-sealable plastic bag. The maximum capacity must not be greater than one liter.
- Every passenger can carry one bag of liquid items and it must be taken out of the carry-on baggage for inspection purposes at the security checkpoint.
- Exceptions are there for medications, special dietary supplements, and infant food. However, the quantity should still be reasonable.
- Passengers can also carry duty-free purchases like cigarettes, alcohol, and perfume. Again, it should be in reasonable quantity. Make sure that it is packed and sealed properly at the time of purchase. Keep it in a Security Tamper Evident Bag along with the receipt.
- If you carry liquids in a container greater than 100 ml then the airline will refuse to accept it. No acceptance is provided even if you have filled the container partially.
What if bring an item that is not accepted at the security screening checkpoint
In such a case what you can do is leave the pre-board screen point and hand over the item to one of your family members. You may also leave it in your vehicle. If there is still time then you can transfer the item to your checked baggage. If it is not possible, you can ship it through mail or carrier. However, these shipping options may vary at several airports.
Porter Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance
For trips where carry-on bags are sufficient, passengers can bring checked baggage. Whether the Porter Airlines Checked Baggage is free or comes with a fee depends on the purchased fare and your membership. To check this, simply go to the official website and click on the “My Booking” section. Select the “Add Baggage” option and follow the onscreen instructions. You will now be able to see whether your checked baggage is free or comes with a fee. Passengers traveling with a wheelchair or other assistive device can bring it for free.
Mind you, the baggage fee is non-refundable until or unless the booking is canceled within 24 hours of reservation. The fee is refunded in a case where the baggage is damaged or delayed. The amount of the fee depends on the flight’s origin and final destination. In addition, the mode of payment also plays a role in determining the baggage fee. Passengers are advised to use the method that saves the most money in their pocket.
Porter Airlines Checked Baggage should be according to the permitted size i.e. up to 158 cm (62 in) per bag. The total size is measured by calculating the sum of length, width, and height. Moreover, the weight should be up to 23kg or 50 lbs. But, no bag can weigh more than 32kg.
Porter Airlines Baggage Fees for Checked Baggage
In case your checked baggage incurs Porter Baggage Fees you can pay it through the official website. Go to the “My Booking” option on the website and pay the fee up to one hour before the scheduled departure. You can use it during online check-in. At the airport, use the mobile application to do so. Passengers can use their Credit Card, Gift Certificate, or Reservation Card to make online payments for Porter Checked Baggage Fee. At the airport, you can only use either Credit or Debit Card. It is advised to pay in advance as it is always cheaper than paying just before the departure or at the airport.
|Basic, Standard & Flexible
|First standard bag
|Online: App or Website
|25 USD – 39.67 USD
|Free of charge
|During Airport Check-in
|39.50 USD – 45.43 USD
|At Boarding Gate
|49.50 USD – 56.96 USD
|Second standard bag
|Online: App or Website
|50 USD – 57.50 USD
|Free of charge
|During Check-in Counter
|60 USD – 69 USD
|At the Boarding Gate
|70 USD – 80.50 USD
|Overweight bag (23 to 32 kg)
|100 USD – 115 USD
|Oversized bag (158 to 203 cm)
|100 USD – 115 USD
|Third bag and subsequent
|Online: App or Website
|100 USD – 115 USD
|During Airport Check-in Counter
|110 USD – 126.50 USD
|At the Boarding Gate
|120 USD – 138 USD
Travel with Sports Equipments on Porter Flights
Porter Airlines treats sports equipment as a part of the checked baggage allowance. It is easy to travel with sports, you just have to make sure that the equipment is properly packed. Also, the sports equipment should meet the Porter Airlines Baggage Requirements. If the baggage exceeds the size and weight restrictions then overweight and oversized fees are applied. The airline will not accept sports equipment that weighs over 32kg and 203cm for transportation. An additional handling fee is required by passengers for traveling with bicycles and hunting firearms. The following sports equipment is transported via Porter Airlines:
- Curling and broomball equipment
- Golf equipment
- Fishing and boating equipment
- Hockey, lacrosse, and football equipment
- Hunting, sporting firearms, and ammunition
- Scuba diving equipment
- Ski and snowboarding equipment
- Sporting racquets (tennis, badminton, squash)
- Other sporting equipment
Items to Avoid While Packing Porter Airlines Checked Baggage
Certain objects or items are not accepted for transportation due to safety concerns. Such substances can endanger the safety environment of an aircraft and the people on board. It is recommended to keep your valuable items in carry-on bags, keeping the weight and size restrictions in mind. It is the responsibility of the passenger to pack fragile items properly in a cushioning material to prevent any potential damage. If you check in such baggage then Porter does not hold any liability for the loss/damage/delay of the item.
Travel with Pets on Porter Airlines
Passengers can bring their pets on board and travel in a breeze. Porter Airlines’ regulation for pet travel is limited to only house cats and dogs. The airline may cost around $50 to $57.50 per direction for the transportation of the pet. This fee is non-refundable in nature. Passengers can book pet travel on the basis of available space on aircraft. Therefore, it is advised to reserve a space in advance by booking the airline. Inform the airlines at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure. The following are certain restrictions that must be followed while traveling with a pet:
- Porter Airlines permits one pet carrier per traveler and only one pet is allowed in that carrier.
- Pets are allowed when traveling with an adult or fare-paying passenger.
- Pets can not travel with unaccompanied minors, infants, and with the following passengers:
- A. passenger with medical devices which is stored underneath the seat.
- B. passenger who has purchased a seat in the emergency exit row.
- Passengers are advised to check-in online if traveling with a pet but they must collect their boarding passes at the airport check-in counter.
- You must keep your pet in their carriers from the security screening up until reaching the final destination.
- Kindly note that the airline will strictly deny boarding of aggressive or distressed animals.
- You cannot bring your pet in the baggage.
- These regulations are applied to flights operated by Porter Airlines only.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Passengers can bring one carry-on and one personal item on a flight with checked baggage according to free allowance.
Yes, Porter Airlines is strict with its baggage allowance. Any passenger who brings bags more than the free allowance has to pay an additional amount.
Yes, you can travel with your pet, Porter Airlines accept up to two pet inside the cabin.
Yes, Porter Airlines charges extra if you exceed the free baggage allowance therefore, pack accordingly.
As per Porter Airlines Checked Baggage allowance the weight should be 23kg or 50 lbs. The quantity is determined according to the booking code.
Yes, passengers cannot bring items that can be harmful to the safety of passengers on board such as firearms, hazardous materials, or combustible items.
Porter Airlines will charge an additional amount for carrying oversized or overweight baggage. Bags over 32kg are not accepted.