Traveling with AirBaltic Airlines gives you one of the most amazing flight experiences because of its in-flight services and amenities. Additionally, the AirBaltic Airlines baggage allowance allows you to carry up to 1 cabin bag and 1 personal item with an overall maximum weight of 8 kg, irrespective of the cabin class selected. Also, if you want to add more cabin baggage allowance, you can do it by purchasing it through the official website or contacting the airline’s office.
AirBaltic Cabin Baggage Allowance
As per the airbaltic baggage policy, it offers various cabin fares to passengers, on which the baggage allowance usually depends.
AirBaltic Classic(Economy) Fare: Classic (Economy) cabin class passengers can carry up to a maximum of 1 cabin bag along with a personal item with a maximum baggage weight of not more than 8 kg. The allowed size dimension for cabin luggage must not exceed 55 x 40 x 23 cm and 30 x 40 x 10 cm for personal items.
Green Plus and Green (Economy Fares): If you booked a flight with Green Plus or Green cabin class, the airline allows you to bring one cabin bag along with one personal item that must not exceed the total weight of 8 kg for all bags. Airbaltic baggage dimensions for cabin luggage must not exceed 55 x 40 x 23 cm and 30 x 40 x 10 cm for personal items.
Business And Business Light (Business Fares): Passengers with Business fares can easily carry up to 2 cabin bags of size not exceeding 55 x 40 x 23 cm with 1 Personal Item of size under 30 x 40 x 10 cm. The maximum weight of the luggage must not exceed 24 kg for all bags.
AirBaltic Club VIP Membership: Passengers with an AirBaltic VIP club membership can carry up to 2 cabin bags of dimensions 55 x 40 x 23 cm each and 1 personal item (30 x 40 x 10 cm) for any selected cabin class. The maximum allowed weight for all pieces must be under 24 kg.
AirBaltic Club Executive Members: Passengers holding AirBaltic Club Executive and traveling with Green, Green Plus, and Classic Fares can carry one cabin bag with a maximum size dimension of 55 x 40 x 23 cm each. Additionally, the airline allows you to bring one personal item (30 x 40 x 10 cm). The maximum allowed weight for all pieces must be under 12 kg.
Heavy Cabin Luggage Allowance
Passengers traveling with GREEN, GREEN PLUS, or CLASSIC cabin fares can upgrade their cabin luggage from 8 kg to 12 kg of weight. To make this happen, the passengers will have to pay an additional amount of EUR 11.99, after which the weight limit will increase by 4 kg, but the dimensions and number of bags will remain the same.
Cabin Baggage Restrictions
Passengers traveling with AirBaltic Airlines offer some exceptional allowances, but a few restrictions must be followed to avoid any hassle while traveling. Here are some key points to remember while carrying cabin baggage:
- Passengers must ensure the cabin luggage can fit inside the overhead bin or under the seat in front.
- Infants traveling with their parents on a lap or sitting cannot carry cabin baggage.
- While carrying your luggage, you must be aware of your bags’ exact size and weight. You can contact the airline’s drop-off desk service if you are unaware.
- If, in any case, your baggage exceeds the allowed weight or size limit, the airline will charge an additional amount of EUR 75.
- The airline may reject baggage that is oversized, overweight, or has extra bags or place them in the aircraft hold to ensure the passenger’s comfort and safety.
- The airline recommends checking all the baggage policies and restrictions strictly if you are traveling on a connecting flight in which one flight is operated by another airline.
- Passengers must ensure the cabin luggage is under the allowed limit to avoid hassle. If the baggage exceeds the limit, the airline will consider it checked luggage and charge extra to keep it checked.
- No sharp, blunt, or heavy items, such as scissors, needles, knives with blades longer than 6 cm, etc., that may cause severe damage to the passengers traveling are strictly prohibited as cabin luggage and can only be carried as checked luggage.
- Personal items include a handbag, small laptop bag, ladies purse, tax-free shopping bag, camera bag, etc.
- The airline considers a personal item as cabin luggage, and the combined weight of the personal item and cabin luggage must not exceed the overall allowed weight limit.
Cabin Baggage Restrictions for Liquid Items
Almost every airline allows passengers to carry liquid items under a proposed limit. Travelers cannot carry these items in more than the restricted quantity. Check all the guidelines for the AirBaltic baggage allowance for liquid items:
- Passengers are only allowed to carry the liquid in containers not exceeding the maximum size of 100 ml.
- These containers must be placed inside a single transparent resealable plastic bag of not more than 1 liter in total capacity.
- Also, the airline only allows one bag for each passenger.
- Passengers carrying any liquid container separately are allowed to keep it inside the checked luggage, as there are no limitations to carrying liquids of any quantity inside the checked bag into the aircraft hold.
AirBaltic Airlines Checked Baggage Allowance
While carrying heavy luggage during your travel, AirBaltic Airlines offers passengers an exceptional checked baggage policy. Additionally, the baggage allowance depends on the cabin fare selected.
BUSINESS and BUSINESS Light Fares: Passengers traveling on Business and Business Light cabin classes can carry up to 2 checked bags with maximum size dimensions of 100 x 50 x 80 cm each. In addition, the maximum total weight of each bag must not exceed 23 kg, and the combined baggage weight of all bags must be under 46 kg.
Classic and Green Plus Fares: Passengers with Classic and Green Plus Cabin Fares can carry up to 1 bag with a maximum size of 100 x 50 x 80 cm, and the maximum weight of the bag must be under 23 kg.
Green Fare: Green Cabin Fare passengers are not allowed to carry any free checked luggage; however, the airline offers a facility to purchase the baggage allowance by paying an additional amount of EUR 19.99 per bag for each way. Travelers can visit the official website of AirBaltic to make the purchase or reach out to the airport office staff directly at the airport or on call.
Checked Baggage Restriction
The airline released checked baggage restrictions and guidelines that every passenger must follow. These special condition policies must be followed anyhow to avoid the hassle:
- Checked baggage fees may vary slightly due to the difference in routes, baggage weight, and number of bags a traveler carries.
- Travelers with CLASSIC or GREEN Plus cabin fares already have one free checked bag allowance of up to 23 kg and can also purchase additional baggage or a weight allowance of up to 32 kg for each bag.
- Passengers traveling with an infant can carry one completely collapsible stroller or an infant car seat without paying any additional amount.
- Depending on the cabin class and seat booked, infants may carry one checked bag with a maximum weight of up to 10 kg for free.
- Not all items can be carried as checked luggage, such as foodstuffs, glasses, perishable items, money, keys, confidential papers and documents, jewelry, musical instruments, etc.
- AirBaltic Airline allows passengers to carry fragile items or musical instruments only as cabin luggage by purchasing a special ticket due to the special baggage included.
- All the baggage fees, once paid, will be completely non-refundable.airbaltic
- Checked baggage fees are applicable on each way, depending on the various factors mentioned below:
- Booking on AirBaltic.com: The airline will charge an amount starting from EUR 19.99 for a 23 kg bag and EUR 49.99 for a 32 kg bag.
- During Online Check-in: for a 23 kg bag, the airline charges EUR 25.00 if purchasing from the Manage Your Booking option or Online Check-in.
- AirBaltic Ticket Office: for a 23 kg bag, EUR 25.00 will be charged, and for a 32 kg bag, the amount will be EUR 85.
- Oversized or Overweight Luggage: The airline may charge an amount of EUR 75 for excess cabin bags.
- AirBaltic VIP Members can extend the free checked baggage allowance up to the limit mentioned below:
- Business or Business Light Fares: Passengers with Business or Business Light fare tickets can carry up to 4 pieces of baggage with a maximum weight of not more than 23 kg for each bag and a maximum combined weight of 92 kg for all bags.
- Classic Fare: Traveling on a Classic Fare ticket can carry up to a maximum of 3 bags, with not more than 23 kg for each bag. Additionally, the maximum allowed weight for all bags must not exceed 69 kg.
- Green Plus Fare: On a Green Plus Fare ticket, standard fare conditions will be applicable; 1 piece with a maximum weight of 23 kg per page will be allowed.
- Green Fare: Passengers with a green fare don’t include any checked baggage allowance.
- AirBaltic Club Executive members are allowed the below-mentioned benefits and an extended free checked baggage allowance:
- Business or Business Light Fare: Passengers traveling with Business or Business Light Fare tickets can carry up to 3 pieces of luggage with not more than 23 kg of baggage weight for each bag and a combined total weight of 69 kg for all bags.
- Classic Fare: 2 bags with a maximum weight of 23 kg each can be carried on a Classic Fare ticket. Additionally, the combined overall maximum weight must not exceed 46 kg for all bags.
- Green Plus Fare: Passengers traveling with a Green Plus fare ticket can carry up to 1 bag with a maximum weight of not more than 23 kg per bag.
- Greenz Fare: The airline doesn’t offer any checked baggage allowance to AirBaltic Club Executive members traveling with a green fare ticket.
Passengers can only carry the baggage under a free checked baggage allowance up to a proposed limit. If the limit of any bag exceeds it, additional charges will be applicable. Passengers must ensure that checked baggage does not exceed an overall weight of 23 kg; otherwise, travelers must pay extra charges to purchase the additional weight allowance.
The airline has mentioned that an amount of EUR 30 for each way will be charged if the purchase is made through the official website when making a reservation. If you are purchasing the heavy baggage allowance at the airport, it may cost you EUR 60 each way. In addition, the fee will be applicable to each bag, not for each kg, and the maximum allowed weight for one piece of checked luggage must not exceed 32 kg.
Passengers must remember that if any of the bags exceed the weight and number of bags allowed, the airline will charge both fees simultaneously. The standard price for an extra bag at the airport will be EUR 75, and heavy baggage up to 32 kg will be EUR 60. A total of EUR 135 will be charged.
Bulky Baggage Up To 23 Kg
Apart from the heavy baggage restrictions, there are a few guidelines on oversized baggage that you must be aware of to avoid hassle or paying the unwanted extra amount to the airline. Bulky baggage is a bag that exceeds an overall allowed size dimension. Any bag under 23 kg of weight exceeding the overall dimensions of 100 x 50 x 80 cm will be considered bulky, and a baggage fee of EUR 75 will be charged by the airlines each way. If the bag exceeds the number of allowed bags and size, the airline will charge EUR 150 (EUR 75 for the extra bag fee and EUR 75 for the bulk baggage fee).
Bulky Baggage Up To 32 Kg
If any of your bags exceed the weight limit of 23 kg, a fee of EUR 135 per bag will be charged. This includes EUR 75 for bulky and EUR 60 for heavy luggage fees. Make sure that the maximum baggage weight does not exceed 32 kg.
If you plan to pay the charges for a 32 kg bag at the airport instead of paying through the official website, it will cost you EUR 210, including the baggage fee of EUR 75, the bulky baggage fee of EUR 75, and the heavy baggage fee of EUR 60.
AirBaltic Special Baggage Allowance
If you are a professional sportsman, a musician, or do it for fun and want to carry all your sports stuff, musical instruments, or weapons, AirBaltic Airlines allows you to carry all this stuff with you. There are some specific guidelines for the special baggage allowance that every passenger must follow to avoid additional charges or hassles while traveling. However, the airline recommends passengers inform them in advance before carrying the special luggage. Here is a list of special items that you can carry under the restricted guidelines:
Musical instruments such as cellos, guitars, or other fragile items: Cellos, guitars, and other musical instruments will only be accepted if a special ticket is purchased. Passengers must place the item on the seat in front of them. The airline allows you to carry up to a maximum weight of 32 kg with maximum size dimensions of 145 x 45 x 25 cm (if placed on the floor) and 105 x 45 x 40 cm (placed on a seat). Travelers will have to book the tickets for this item at the AirBaltic office only, not online. Also, one can contact the AirBaltic guest care staff to carry these special items as luggage.
Wheelchair: Passengers traveling with any patient carrying a wheelchair can bring it without any additional charge. In addition, the passenger must inform the airline about carrying a wheelchair at least 48 hours before the flight departure.
Prams or Stroller: If you are traveling with an infant or a child, the airline allows you to carry a fully collapsible stroller or prams free of charge. Additionally, passengers with infants are allowed to carry checked luggage with a maximum weight of 10 kg without paying any additional fees.
Weapons and Ammunitions: AirBaltic Airlines allows passengers to carry weapons and firearms as luggage. However, there are various restrictions one should remember while traveling. The airline will incur a fee of EUR 75 each way, and passengers must contact the guest care staff or pay the amount in advance to get the allowance.
- Also, the airline only allows weapons and firearms to be carried as checked luggage, as these come under dangerous items and can cause severe damage to the passengers if carried inside the cabin.
- Ensure you have already removed and packed the ammunition properly in a hard case.
- Passengers must present these weapons and ammunition at the check-in counter on departure.
- The maximum allowed quantity of small arms ammunition must not exceed the weight of 5 kg per box for each passenger.
- The maximum allowed weight of the weapons must not exceed 23 kg.
- If the sports equipment weight exceeds the allowed limit, EUR 60 will be charged as a heavy baggage fee.
Additional Cabin Luggage: Various items don’t require extra seats, and passengers can easily carry them inside the cabin. However, these items are small and fragile; the airline considers them extra hand luggage. The applicable fee for these items is 60 EUR each way, and the airline suggests paying the amount through the online payment form or at the airport ticket office.
Passengers must ensure that the item’s weight does not exceed 8 kg with an overall size dimensions of not more than 55 x 40 x 23 cm. The airline allows some exceptions for passengers carrying musical instruments with a maximum case length of 80 cm. If, in any case, the size dimensions of musical instruments or sports equipment exceed 55 x 40 x 23 cm, the extra hand luggage fee will be charged.
AirBaltic Restricted Items
AirBaltic baggage allowance doesn’t allow you to carry all the restricted or prohibited items inside your luggage. Various items are restricted, partially or even completely, from being carried. This is because the airline considers some daily usable items dangerous and can cause severe harm to the passengers and the flight. Here is a list of all the restricted items on AirBaltic Airlines:
|Allowed as Checked Baggage
|Allowed as Hand Baggage
|Portable Electronic Devices with Lithium Batteries
|Electronic Devices powered by Lithium Batteries
|Li-ion Smart Luggage
|Spare Lithium Batteries
|Dangerous and Restricted Goods
|Flammable liquids and solids
|Oxidisers such as bleaching powders
|Firelighters, lighter fuel, paints, and thinners
|Poisons, arsenic, cyanide, and weed killer
|Tear gas devices or any gas cylinders
|Radioactive materials, acids, corrosives, alkalis, and caustic soda
|Infectious substances, such as live virus materials
|Creosote, quicklime, and oiled paper
|Wet-cell car batteries
|Vehicle fuel system components that contain fuel
|Instruments containing mercury
|Explosives, ammunition, detonators, and related equipment
|Instruments containing magnets
|Smoke canisters and smoke cartridges
|Fireworks and pyrotechnics
|Hoverboards, self-balancing single or multi-wheels, mini-segways
Passengers traveling on AirBaltic Airlines can carry a lithium battery limit that must not exceed 100 Wh. In addition, the maximum allowed lithium metal must not exceed an overall limit of 2 g of lithium metal batteries. However, in some exceptional cases, such as while carrying lithium battery-powered electronic devices, spare lithium batteries, etc., the airline allows a limit of up to 160 Wh with a maximum lithium content over 2 g but not exceeding 8 g.
Traveling with your sports equipment can be an amazing experience for most travelers. There is a list of various types of sports equipment that can be transported by AirBaltic. Additionally, the charges may vary depending on the equipment transported. Passengers traveling on GREEN, GREEN Plus, and the CLASSIC fares will have to pay the below-mentioned fees:
- Booking Through Website: EUR 39.99; Bicycle: EUR 44.99
- Manage Booking: EUR 44.99; Bicycle: EUR 49.99
- Other Sales Channel: EUR 45; Bicycle: EUR 50
- At the Airport: EUR 75
Here is a list of sports equipment a passenger can carry:
- Diving equipment
- Golf equipment
- Skiing equipment
- Snowboarding equipment
- Ice hockey equipment
- Fishing equipment
- Surf/kiteboard and windsurfing equipment
Things to Remember:
- Passengers must ensure that the sports equipment doesn’t exceed an overall weight of 23 kg.
- Pack all the sports equipment parts in one box, as the airline usually charges the amount for the sports equipment per piece.
- If the maximum allowed limit of 23 kg exceeds it, a heavy baggage fee of EUR 60 will be charged.
- AirBaltic allows a limited amount of sports equipment on each flight.
- Passengers traveling with business fare tickets and AirBaltic Club VIP members will be eligible to carry one set of sports equipment for free.
The AirBaltic baggage allowance gives you one of the most amazing flight experiences. It offers various cabin fares, on which the baggage allowance depends. The airlines allow passengers to carry up to one checked bag of not more than 23 kg with a maximum size of 100 x 50 x 80 cm on Classic and Green Plus fares. Unfortunately, passengers with Green Fare tickets cannot bring free checked baggage onboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Business and Business Light Passengers can carry up to 2 checked bags with a maximum combined weight of 46 kg and an overall maximum weight of 32 kg for each bag. Similarly, Classic and Green Plus passengers can carry up to 1 bag with a maximum allowed weight of 23 kg each, and Green Fare passengers are not allowed to carry any checked luggage.
AirBaltic Airlines allows passengers to carry one cabin bag and a personal item with a maximum weight of 8 kg, irrespective of the selected travel class.
AirBaltic Airlines Classic, GREEN Plus, and GREEN Fare passengers can carry a maximum cabin baggage weight of up to 8 kg. Alternatively, Business and Business Light fare passengers can carry a maximum weight of not more than 24 kg as cabin luggage.
Passengers traveling with AirBaltic CLASSIC, GREEN Plus, BUSINESS, and BUSINESS Light Cabin fare tickets are allowed to carry up to a maximum of 23 kg each. However, only business and business light passengers can carry up to two checked bags.